This one is for the gamers.
First of all i would like to say that i really enjoyed most of Skyrim. Second, i am very disappointed by the Thieves Guild missions this time. I expected more excitement. Anyway….
At the end, it turns out to be an endless pain in the back, filled with little missions that are repetitive and boring. Yes, i am talking about the little missions that lead to the influence quests. But boring or not, they are very rewarding at the end when you acquire the Prowler’s Profit.
I’ve personally enjoyed searching for the stones of Barenzia, but if you’ve had enough of running around then see the list below with the locations of the stones.
Most of them are on sight and i will highlight them in light-blue so you can go grab them first if you haven’t already done that.
The stone at the Thalmor Embassy should be taken during the mission “Diplomatic Immunity”, or else you’ll end up looking for a glitch to help you get back in.
The list with the locations of the stones has been put together at the Elder Scrolls Wikia and the credit goes fully to the people there. I thank them for the great job and for such a clear and well put together wiki/walk-through.
Clicking on the name of the location will bring you to its wikia page from where you can access more information and a map.
- Solitude, Proudspire Manor: In the master bedroom, the property must be bought by the dragonborn first.
- Solitude, Blue Palace: On the bedside table in Jarl Elisif‘s quarters.
- Thalmor Embassy: In Elenwen‘s Solar, in a bedroom during or after the main quest Diplomatic Immunity.
- Dainty Sload: On a table in the First Mate’s Quarters (ship is docked between Solitude Lighthouse & Solitude).
- College of Winterhold: On a shelf in Arch-Mage’s quarters, where you can gain access during Under Saarthal quest.
- Yngvild: Chamber behind the throne in throne room.
- Hob’s Fall Cave: Sleeping area (near the alchemy lab).
- Markarth, Treasury House: Next to bed in the master bedroom.
- Markarth, Understone Keep: On a table in a locked left side room of the Dwemer Museum.
- Dead Crone Rock: On a makeshift altar in front of the Word Wall at the top of the final tower.
- Whiterun: Jorrvaskr: In Kodlak’s bedroom.
- Whiterun: 1st room of the Catacombs inside of the Hall of the Dead: In one of the left wall crypts near a skeleton.
- Whiterun, Dragonsreach: In the Jarl’s bedroom.
- Rannveig’s Fast: On a table near the watery prison.
- Fellglow Keep: On a counter in the workroom/workshop at the top of the front foyer (next to the alchemy lab).
- Windhelm: House of Clan Shatter-shield: Upstairs first bedroom on the left.
- Windhelm: Palace of Kings: On a table in Wuunferth the Unliving’s quarters (the first door on the left of main hall, at the end, upstairs).
- Stony Creek Cave: In the Bandit Wizard’s cavern.
- Ansilvund: Near Fjori’s ghost in the burial chambers.
- Sunderstone Gorge: On the altar in front of the word wall.
- Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary : On the dresser in Astrid’s room. *Game Spoiler-The stone can still be obtained after the Dark Brotherhood is destroyed.
- Pinewatch: In the Pinewatch Bandit Sanctuary.
- Riften, Mistveil Keep: In the Jarl’s chambers.
- Black Briar Lodge: In the upstairs master bedroom.
If you get stuck with any of the other locations, then use the interactive map of Skyrim.
Good luck and have fun!