A few days back i wanted to convert a huge .mkv file to .mpeg so i can play it on my dvd player or my Xbox 360. I ended up installing 5 software.
None of them were useful. They either raised my CPU so high that my PC froze, or they just left a watermark that is really disturbing.
Then i found the “Quick Media Converter” and that is all i need.
It converts files to VCD, DVD, AVI, DIVX, FLASH, FLV, Quick Time ,Windows Media, WMV, Xvid, TS, MPEG, WAV, MP3, WMA…and so much more, it has support for Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, iPhone, Wii and you can convert your video files to HD.
As I type, my Firefox is open with 6 tabs and it uses 8 times more of my CPU than Quick media converter…which is also running and converting that same huge .mkv file to a full HD file for my Xbox, so as you can see it is also a winner when it comes down to memory usage.
The cocoonsoftware.com website is quite messy, but i am sure you’ll find your way to see the screenshots and read the rest of the information.
- Free Studio all-in-one YouTube , video and audio app collection (68.6%)
- Freebies of the day: Icecream Apps (31.4%)
- Convert .mkv files to mp3 with Pazera free audio extractor (27.5%)
- Download video and mp3 from youtube with Greasemonkey script (27.5%)
- YouTube to MP3 Converter - AudioThief - Converter (27.5%)