DISQUS | Turn Blog Comments a Powerful Comment System
Plug in the DISQUS comment system and bring out the best discussion on your website.
Okay, this is really cool! I found this plugin by mistake while looking for a twitter one. Really excited about it.
Basically, you turn the boring commenting system of WP into a really cool and pleasant one.
The look gets a 10. The set up gets a 10. The overall usefulness gets a 20.
It works like this: you download and install the plugin. Create an account with Disqus. Set up the plugin from your dashboard. You can enable Twitter, Facebook and OpenId, so people can leave comments with these accounts instead of typing in their details.
They can also reply from these accounts.
You can like a comment, like on Facebook or directly reply to it instead of leaving just another comment.
So, instead of giving you a screenshot – which is not necessary since you can see how this work by adding a comment or looking at my other threads with comments – i will just copy and paste the benefits of this plugin and hopefully you’ll install it too.
Key benefits for Websites, Publishers, Bloggers
- Threaded comments and comment ratings
- Powerful moderation and admin tools
- Filter out spam, trolls, and unwanted commenters
- Enable your visitors to become a real community
- Moderation by email or mobile
- More comments and increased engagement
- Connected with a large discussion community
- Increased exposure and readership
Key benefits for Commenters, Readers
- Track and manage comments and replies
- Verified commenter reputations across sites
- More control over your own comments on websites
- Never lose your comments, even if the website goes away
- Build a global profile, or comment blog, to collect and show off what you’re saying
- Easier to comment on websites using Disqus
- Reply to comments through email or mobile
- Edit and republish comments with one click
Follow the link below to download and install the Disqus plugin.